Roger Waters: THE WALL - pre-show


I'm a bit on pins and needles at the moment...completely understandable, considering that I'm slated to shoot Pink Floyd's Roger Waters performing "The Wall" at the L.A. Coliseum in six hours.  I've been preparing hard for this show, as it's almost certainly going to be my show of the year as far as rock concerts are concerned.  Thank God for YouTube...it's allowed me to really do my homework on the show, so I'll know almost exactly what to expect when it starts.  I do not want to be caught flat-footed for this gig--this is an epic, and I have to shoot it accordingly.  Therefore, I'm bringing three cameras and four lenses, so I can capture as many aspects of the show as I can.

This event is going to be a bit different for me, as I'm going to be allowed to shoot six songs instead of the normal (and minimal) three songs.  The songs will be:

1. In The Flesh?
2. The Thin Ice
3. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 1
4. The Happiest Days Of Our Lives
5. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2
6. Mother

Another unusual item of note is that for songs 2, 3 and 4 I will be shooting from the side of the stage...which actually will probably be all right since those songs are not all that particularly interesting in a visual sense, going from the YouTube videos I've seen.  Songs 1, 5 and 6 will be shot from the front.  The highlight for me is almost certainly gonna be "Another Brick...Part 2", since this will feature the enormous marionette of the Schoolmaster.  I can't wait to see what super-wide shots I'll get of that thing.

It's funny...my moods are fluctuating between calm and prepared--because I really am prepared for this one--and nervous anticipation.  I imagine the nerves are going to increase once show time approaches.  That, and the crazy L.A. traffic that's snarling downtown thanks to the Clippers & Kings playing at the Staples Center, are not going to help me calm down later this afternoon.

This is so funny...I never, ever expected that I would get to shoot this show.  "The Wall" Live is one of those mythical events that most people look upon with awe, and I'm going to be at the center of it.  Well, there's only one thing to say about that:

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Comments

Popular Posts