KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN LAUNCHED FOR MY BOOK!!!

Hey everyone,

What's up?  Yes, it's been a long, long time since I last posted here, but there are actually many good reasons for that.  I'll sum things up very briefly: I've been finishing up the writing of my upcoming book DANCEFLOOR THUNDERSTORM: Land Of The Free, Home Of The Rave, forming my own publishing house (5150 Publishing) to put the book out, and I've just launched a Kickstarter campaign two days ago to fund the printing of 10,000 copies of the book!  As you might imagine, that takes up an ENORMOUS amount of time and energy, which can lead to the neglect of certain other things...like this blog.


However, now that I have about a minute of free time (almost literally), I can tell you more about the book.  DANCEFLOOR THUNDERSTORM is my book of the American rave scene as it exploded nationwide in the 1990s.  The book is photo-heavy, over 300 pages and measuring a slightly oversized 9"x12".  It features some of the biggest electronic music artists on the planet, including Paul Oakenfold, Carl Cox, Frankie Bones, Fat Boy Slim, Sandra Collins, Paul Van Dyk and many more.  It also contains a bunch of my vintage magazine articles and live reviews, DJ interviews, rave fliers and memorabilia...it's basically a Hot Tub Time Machine back to some amazing nights.

After being turned down by more than twenty major book publishing houses, I basically realized that I was going to have to do this myself.  So, I formed my own independent book publishing house, 5150 Publishing.  This is the vehicle I plan to use to put out not only DANCEFLOOR THUNDERSTORM, but future book and electronic music and pop culture as well.  The Kickstarter to fund the project ($95,000.00) was launched on December 3, and will run until January 2nd.  In the meantime, I'm appealing directly to the American electronic music community to fund this campaign, and to buy the book when it's published.  The book will be sold on its own web site. www.dancefloorthunderstorm.com.

In the meantime, people who want to contribute to the Kickstarter campaign (and I hope there's a lot of you out there!), please go to the following link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1524062987/dancefloor-thunderstorm-groundbreaking-american-ra

I will personally grateful to all who choose to contribute to this project.  I'm not exaggerating when I say this is the biggest and most important project I've worked on in my life.  It's been an enormous endeavor, but a worthy one, as I've wanted to put our a book like DANCEFLOOR THUNDERSTORM for a long time now, because the story of the electronic music underground's rise to prominence is one that fully deserves to be told.

Anyway, I have about 1000 things to get back to--such is the life of a one-man book publishing house--but hopefully it won't be another case of months passing before my next post!  Until then, please come and support the book!!!

Michael

Comments

Popular Posts