Post-Oscars update: me hard at work

Hey folks,

What's going on? OK, I know it's been a long while since I last blogged, and quite a lot has happened since then. Progress on the book remains slow but dogged, and we're looking at a summer 2015 release date now. The annual Awards Season here in Hollywood has come and gone, and as usual Getty Images has had me out shooting tons of events, including Elton John's Oscar viewing party on February 22. Thankfully all of that is over with now, because it really runs you into the ground if you're not careful. It's definitely a marathon of shooting dates, and like in any marathon, you need to learn to pace yourself...otherwise you end up running out of energy a lot, which definitely affects the quality of one's work. Thankfully that ended up not being the case this time.

However, one very cool thing that did happen was me getting the chance to twice shoot the one and only Sir Patrick Stewart as he made his way through the various pre-Oscar parties. Finally getting to photograph the former Jean-Luc Picard was definitely fun, and apparently even more so for one of my colleagues. In fact, he was rather disappointed that he didn't get the chance to do a selfie with Mr. Stewart--is that geeking out or what? Anyway, I received a very happy surprise last week when I was going through my online Getty material, and found this image alongside my work. Take a look on the right and you'll see what I mean...


Yes, that's yours truly, hard at work trying to get Sir Patrick to look my way! This is easily the best picture I've seen of me shooting on the line, never mind with a figure like Patrick Stewart. HUGE thanks to Lester Cohen for kicking this shot my way so I could put it up here! Is this cool or what...just wish my expression could've been a bit more relaxed! But then again, there is no relaxing during Awards Season, especially when the carpets are moving fast and you need to get what you can ASAP.

OK, back to work (it never ends!). More book updates to come soon.

M

Comments

Popular Posts