Richie Hawtin & Pete Tong

Hey all,

GREAT news to report! I've been working hard to get "DANCEFLOOR THUNDERSTORM" into the hands of big-name DJs, and this weekend I was quite successful on this front! This Friday, Richie Hawtin was doing an appearance at Amoeba Hollywood. Richie is in the book, so naturally I wanted to get him a copy. Well, thanks to some exchanges with his management, I managed to do just that!
And things only get better from there. After doing a quick shoot at L.A. Live for Getty, I made my way down to Exchange in DTLA to see Richie, who was spinning along with Pete Tong. Pete is also in "DANCEFLOOR THUNDERSTORM", so of course he had to get his copy as well. So after a ridiculous doorman-related fiasco (which Richie's manager Simon dutifully straightened out--way to go, Simon!), I introduced myself to Pete and gave him the book. He looked at it and said, "Oh, I already have this!". I was naturally a bit dumbfounded (WHAT?!?), until Pete explained that a director friend of his had gotten a copy for him. WOW. Now that's a great feeling. I asked Pete if he would do some social media support for the book, and he said that he would, so that's really cool. I will naturally post Pete's thoughts once he makes them public.

Woo-hoo!

Comments

Popular Posts