Deadmau5 at the Hollywood Palladium

Just shot the electronic producer Deadmau5 at the Palladium last night. For those of you who don't know, Deadmau5 is one of the biggest electronic music artists in the world, thanks in part to his liberal use of visual effects in his show. He's certainly rocketed to the top of the genre--you should have seen all of the fan-made Mau5 heads that the Palladium security people confiscated. This was the second night in a four-night stand that Deadmau5 is doing at the Palladium, a first for an electronic music artist in that venue.


I shot this one with my Nikkor 200-400 f/4 lens. Nikon really knocked one out of the park with this lens--it enables me to reach all the way across the room and get right in there. I should note that I shot this from the very back of the room, which is pretty large as anyone who's been to the Palladium knows. That is one impressive lens, folks.

Here's another perspective, to show just how far away I really was.

Next week should also be interesting as the new electronic music festival called Identity makes its way to the vary same venue. I will likely be there to cover it--should be fun.

Comments

Popular Posts