Happy Happy Sci-Fi Babes

OK, I am now officially a very happy guy. Being an old-school sci-fi nerd, I've had my last two days be very good ones, indeed. Why? Simple: I got to shoot two very hot sci-fi women--the scorching Chase Masterson of Star Trek: DS9 and Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, and Karen Gillan, the demure, slightly daft and sultry Amy Pond from Doctor Who. I actually got to chat with Chase for a bit--this was at a screening of William Shatner's new Trek-themed documentary "The Captains". What a sweetheart, such a pleasure to chat with, and of course she's so (INSERT HOTNESS METAPHOR HERE) in a black dress. And to top it all off, one of my Shatner pics got used by MSNBC.com in the Entertainment section. They use my stuff from time to time, so it's good to see it up there again. Didn't get to talk to Pond...sorry, Karen. This was at a Doctor Who DVD signing at Amoeba this evening. Matt Smith was also there, with a hairdo that's slipping dangerously close to "A Flock Of Seagulls" territory, and the line of fans went all through the store, out the door and around the block...massive. Naturally this meant that I couldn't get near Karen or Matt. I think the two of them are only now just beginning to appreciate the fan base that Doctor Who has built here in the States. Hope they decide to film more episodes out here.

Comments

Popular Posts