Electric Daisy Carnival this (eventful) weekend

This weekend is going to be crazy for me. Tomorrow (Friday) I have a Getty shoot in Brentwood at noon. Following that, I get to drive home all the way across town, edit & transmit, and then prepare for my best friend and her step-daughter's arrival at my place around 4:30. Then we have dinner and then go to the Dodgers/Yankees game at the Stadium...go Blue! On Saturday, I will of course be at the Coliseum, covering Electric Daisy Carnival for Getty...still haven't decided when I'm gonna show up; probably somewhere around 4 or so. Then I go home, crash, and then hopefully wake up at a "reasonable" hour so that I can go through what will probably be a huge amount of material, edit & transmit, and then make my way over to Mr. Chow's in Beverly Hills for yet another shoot for Getty--this one being a post-BET Awards party. And then go home again, edit and transmit, and then crash again and hopefully not wake up until Tuesday! Wondering now if I've really bitten off more than I can chew this time...what was I thinking when I accepted all this work?? I'm really going to have to pace myself this weekend...this is gonna be ridiculous.

With a little luck, this year's EDC will be at least as productive for me as last year's was. Of course, with so many stages there's no way I'm going to be able to get all the headliners, so I'm going to need to be selective. If possible, I will manage to get Will.I.Am., Benny Benassi, Armin Van Buuren, James Zabiela, Groove Armada, Sasha, Christopher Lawrence, John "00" Fleming, Wolfgang Gartner and MSTRKRFT. If I manage to squeeze anyone else in--and that will certainly be a struggle--it'll be Fedde Le Grand, Boys Noize and Above & Beyond. And on top of that, I'll also be trying to get good crowd shots and shots of ravers (oops, sorry...electronic music festival-goers!) being their usual goofy selves. Sometimes I ask myself, why the hell do you kill yourself like this every year? The answer is the same, every time--because of my love and support for this music, the scene, and the people in it. It's a type of devotion that would seem almost masochistic if it weren't so heartfelt and genuine. This scene has sustained me for the past fifteen years, and even in my 'elder statesman' status, I still find myself enjoying it immensely.

Gonna rest up tonight and lay low; got a lot of work ahead of me. Hoping to see a lot of friends out there on Saturday...yeah.

Comments

Popular Posts